Fairview … A City Lodge Group Hotel
Position Vacant: Gardener
Aim of The Role: To maintain the beauty of plants, outdoor grounds, and trees in a garden. You will be required to perform a range of general maintenance tasks including designing, producing, renewing and preserving outside spaces.
Outline of Duties:
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
- Service all garden equipment and machinery.
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
- Attends all training sessions as scheduled.
- Establishes effective employee relations and maintains the highest level of professionalism, ethic and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, heads of department and employees.
Replacement and Temporary Mission
- May be assigned to perform reliever duties when colleagues are off duty.
Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment:
- These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualify to be interviewed.
Line of Reporting and Communication:
Responsible To: Head Gardener
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
Plants – In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques
Level of Numeracy – Not a requirement
Level of Communication Skills – Must be in possession of good communication skills
Level of Formal / Professional / Education & Training – Must have completed O’ levels
Level of Experience in Job Advertised – Experience with using the Power Saw required
If you have the specified attributes and wish to be considered for the position, please send a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and testimonials accompanied by a letter which sets out your interest in the post, and your suitability for it to: FHR@clhg.com
Closing Date for Application: 15th June 2019
Apply to: Human Resources