Job Title: Financial Controlling Analyst – Supply
Reports To: Financial Controller
Purpose of Role
The role covers the set of activities that entails monitoring, analysing, controlling and evaluating actual production costs.
Ensuring that internal controls are established across all sub process areas is a key element of the role.
Regular financial analysis done to transform data (actual, historical & plans) to a form that helps in understanding of costs and thus supports cost controlling.
A key output from the analysis is aggregating the risks & opportunities from the above mentioned sub process areas, required actions determined and communicated to senior management.
Accuracy and completeness of the financial data generated is of key importance to ensure risks are mitigated appropriately and opportunities recognized and pursued.
- Support the month-end reporting for the supply finance processes for the market including COGS reporting, inventory and capex reporting
- Continuous tracking of the COGS drivers including having quality review sessions with the production & supply teams to understand the cost drivers and cost control measures to put in place
- Stakeholder engagement with market supply teams
- Own and champion the controls agenda by ensuring financial controls environment are in operation
- The Supply Financial Controlling Analyst is a role within ABSC Financial Controlling Team. Based in Nairobi and requires supportive and challenging business partnering.
- Success is entirely dependent on managing and maintaining excellent relationship with the market Finance and Supply Operations teams and the ability to work effectively with remote teams.
Key Stakeholders include:
- The Market Supply and Finance teams
- External and Internal Auditors
- GDBS and other Global Diageo teams.
- Data maintenance teams
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Qualified Professional Accountant- CPA(K)/ACCA/ACMA
- Business related Degree.
- At least 1 – 3 years working experience in a multinational corporate environment, with exposure to some of the following areas:
- Proven track record in the area of Financial Accounting / Reporting, and/or Financial Controlling experience is strongly preferred
- Internal / external audit experience and/or SOX is an advantage
- Experience with Shared services process activities is an advantage
- Capable of working in a deadline driven environment.
- Working in a multi-national finance environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage senior managers as well as other process stakeholders.
- Demonstrated English proficiency (read, write and speak)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Systems knowledge
- Relevant experience with integrated systems such as SAP is an advantage.
- MS applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word, etc.)
- BFC knowledge is an advantage
How to Apply
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 20th June 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.