Job Title: Financial Controlling Analyst
Reports To: Financial Controller
The role falls within the ABSC Financial Controlling Team, based in Nairobi and requires supportive and challenging business partnering. Success is entirely dependent on managing and maintaining excellent relationship with Market Finance and teams in other functions.
Key Stakeholders include:
- FDs and their Commercial Finance teams
- Brand Managers and the Marketing Director
- Sales Managers and the Sales Director
- Supply Functions
- Market Support Functions
- Central Finance functions
- Other ABSC functions
The role will have no direct reports.
Purpose of Role
- Execute a set of activities that helps in monitoring, controlling and evaluating performance against plan and generating insights to inform decisions and action.
- Scope of the role covers financial analysis and controlling activities in the following areas; Overheads and OIE
- Performs regular financial analysis to transform data (actual, historical & plans) to a form that helps in the understanding of the accounts and to inform decisions.
- Prepare the split for AOP figures for OH and OIE material variances are analysed and explained investigated and the stakeholders are contacted and agree on course of actions for the variances
- Manage month end accruals
- Manage Cost center master data and Agreement update
- Monitor the status of actual OIE figures and compare to plan, and last year numbers.
- Highlights drivers of identified R&Os (Risks and Opportunities) and provides this information to key stakeholders
- Organize periodic meetings with key stakeholders to agree on course of actions
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Qualified Professional Accountant- CPA(K)/ACCA/ACMA
- Business related Degree.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a multinational corporate environment, with exposure to some of the following areas:
- Proven track record in the area of Financial Accounting / Reporting, and/or Financial Controlling experience is strongly preferred
- Internal / external audit experience and/or SOX is an advantage
- Experience with Shared services process activities is an advantage
- Capable of working in a deadline driven environment.
- Working in a multi-national finance environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage senior managers
- Demonstrated English proficiency (read, write and speak)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Systems knowledge
- Relevant experience with integrated systems such as SAP is an advantage.
- MS applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word, etc.)
- BFC knowledge is an advantage
- Visual Basic knowledge is an advantage
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inadequate analytical and problem solving skills
- Inadequate communication skills
- Inadequate commercial understanding
- Inability to work as part of a team
- Lack of attention to detail
- Lack of personal motivation /drive
- Inability to work in a deadline driven environment
How to Apply
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 20th June 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.