Our client a leading FMCG manufacturer seeks to recruit a dynamic, results oriented energetic and self driven individual for the position of Area Sales Manager who will be reporting to the Head of Sales.
They will be responsible for managing and supporting their route to market partners and staff within the assigned area by managing the sales and distribution activities of their brands.
The Area Sales Manager will be in charge of (4) four territories within Nairobi region namely Nairobi West, Nairobi East, Nairobi North & Nairobi South.
Duties and Responsibilities (role accountabilities)
- Design and implement the Area sales Strategy in line with the overall business strategy.
- Coordinate Sales, Marketing and distribution activities within the area.
- Motivate & inspire subordinates to achieve results.
- Support the front line staff in building strong relationships with each customer by:
- Identify business growth opportunities – (be a master of execution and bring a different perspective to identify opportunities sales staff may have missed)
- Solving problems and removing obstacles for respective region.
- Hands-on coach in the trade building capability and helping identify opportunities.
- Build a vibrant, energized team through dynamic ‘rallying’ leadership style (daily team meetings)
- Be a Master Coach to drive brilliant execution against standards.
- Build and develop great relationships.
- Being an ambassador of the company and its brands.
- Manage and measure sales targets daily and take corrective action.
- Identify competitor activities and develop and implement response tactics.
- Take charge of promotions – ensure promotions are implemented effectively.
- Develop & implement Internal Controls e.g. in terms of staff attendance, budgets, uses of allocated resources etc.
- Perform any other duties as allocated by the Head of Sales from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Business Degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
- Have relevant experience of at least 3-4 Years’ in a similar position in an FCMG company.
- Professional qualification in a related field would be an added advantage.
- Computer Literacy with knowledge in CRM systems.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Dynamic, analytical and self-driven individual with the ability to work under pressure.
- Good leadership and effective coaching skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Passionate for results, team player and achiever in a competitive and a fast-moving environment.
- Hardworking, strategic minded individual with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Customer-centric and solutions oriented.
- Sales management skills – expert Salesman.
- A master of execution
- Good people management skills
- Adequate asset management skills.
- Competent driver with a clean driving license.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move and please forward your updated CV via email in confidence via the below application address.
Esquire Consultants Limited
P.O. Box 76883-00620
Deadline for application is 5.00 PM Friday 7th June 2019.
Please note that due to tight timelines and expected large applications volumes, only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.