Mwalimu National is the largest Sacco in the region with total assets in excess of 45 billion Kenya Shillings and is mandated to mobilize savings and give credit to its members.
Over time, Mwalimu has grown and has a number of subsidiaries including Mwalimu National Holdings limited, Mwalimu Asset Management Limited, Spire Bank limited and Spire Insurance Brokers limited.
Mwalimu National has eighteen (18) branches spread across Kenya with a membership in excess of 92,000 members.
Mwalimu National stands out as a leader in the sector, a key and fast-growing player ¡n the region’s financial services sector and a world-class co-operative financial institution.
The Society is an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization.
Mwalimu National is seeking to recruit a dynamic, ambitious, and result-oriented individual to join our team in our fast paced, modern work environment, to fill the following position:
Head of Audit, Risk & Compliance
The Head of Audit, Risk & Compliance will report directly to the Board Audit Committee on all adverse operational areas including risk, control and governance.
The Head of Audit, Risk and Compliance will also report indirectly the Chief Executive Officer for all administrative issues.
Job Purpose: To provide assurance to the Audit Committee with regards to the effectiveness and adequacy of the society’s internal control systems, risk management and governance policies, procedures and processes and the society’s statutory requirements and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Formulate the strategic operational objectives for the department ¡n line with the overall corporate plan.
- Ensure the execution of strategic objectives for the department.
- Lead Audit team to deliver all planned and agreed department and individual performance targets to ensure that the Audit department is efficient and value adding to the society.
- Provide exemplary internal customer service to internal customers by providing value adding feedback to issues identified through the audit process, assisting departments to close internal and external audit queries raised.
- Ensure information on risks, controls, governance, security, and other related matters in financial and non-financial areas of the society.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met.
- Organize audits of Head Office departments and branches from time to time
- To compile reports for the Audit Committee and Senior Management Team.
- Issue relevant / pertinent warnings of identified risks highlighting the risk involved and noncompliance if any.
- Organize follow up audits to external audit reports and advise on closure of reports to branches and departments ensuring final compliance with external audit report recommendations.
- Attend Board Audit Committee meetings as Secretary.
- Identify all the business risks and advise the society accordingly.
- Develop an Audit Plan for the entire organization and oversee its execution.
- Conduct Investigations as requested by Senior management or on a need basis.
- Provide senior management and the Board with an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls in the organization.
- Report risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the CEO and the Board and provide recommendations for improving the organization’s operations.
- Champion risk management by creating risk awareness ¡n the Sacco and assisting in the development of internal control culture including training to staff.
- Liaise with external auditors on internal control issues.
Required Functional Skills and Qualifications:
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have the following qualifications: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K) qualification.
- At Least 8 years’ relevant experience in a similar position.
- Computer literacy
Required behavioural skills:
- A candidate must be a person of integrity and demonstrate excellent interpersonal;
- Demonstrated professional competence and capability ¡n work performance;
- Great attention to detail and high numeracy levels;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment;
How to Apply:
Interested persons are invited to send their application Letters, updated CV, copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials to the undersigned by 5.00pm on Monday 1st July, 2019.
N/B: Ony shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Upper Hill, Hill Lane-Off Mara Road
P.O Box 62641-00200
City Square, Nairobi.
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mwalimu is an equal opportunity employer and shall not ¡n its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.
Mwalimu National is regulated by SASRA.