Company; Moko Home + Living
Position; Health and Safety Officer
Location; Mombasa Rd, Nairobi
Who We Are
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play.
But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
What You’ll Do
We are looking for someone to foster safety for our team members as the build and deliver products to delight our customers.
You’ll be passionate and knowledgeable about occupational and environmental safety, driven to create and maintain a world-class working environment.
Most importantly, you’ll be effective at turning principles and regulations into everyday reality by collaborating with teams across the company to raise awareness and change behaviours.
The Role in Brief
Work across teams to ensure safety
- Champion a safety agenda and culture across the company
- Regularly review working conditions and work with line managers to correct non-compliance and realize opportunities for improvement
- Manage and monitor issuance and usage of PPEs, including PPE inventory
Manage audits and compliance with regulatory bodies
- Collaborate with third-party auditors to ensure all audits are conducted properly and on-time and all licenses are up to date (OSH, NEMA, fire safety, planning)
- Develop and execute action plans to address any issues identified in audits
- Maintain strong relationships with local regulators based on transparency and compliance
- Regularly identify opportunities for assessing risk and implement improvements
Integrate safety into routine systems and procedures
- Develop and maintain training protocols around safety, health and environment
- Review standard practices and procedures and effectively integrate safety, health and environment best practices where appropriate
- Conduct regular safety, health and environment trainings with all team members tailored to their roles
Career Growth + Compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
Are You Our Dream Candidate?
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a company with high standards of occupational health and safety; preferably in the manufacturing sector
- Strong working knowledge of occupational and environmental regulations and risks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong ability to lead and influence others
- Demonstrated experience drafting and implementing training and procedural documents
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form, Apply Here