ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
Overall Responsibility: The Warehouse Manager ensures that general warehousing activities are properly carried out in line with standard operating procedures (SOPs). S/he organizes and plans the warehouse’s activities and has final responsibility for the inventory.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Checks that goods are received, stored and dispatched according to the SOPs;
- Ensures that warehouse space is well utilized, goods are properly segregated and makes recommendations for layout changes.
- Confirms that warehouse regulations and rules on pest control and hygiene are applied.
- Records information and is responsible for filing and providing statistics and other reports.
- Organizes inventory counts, records and investigates claims and takes corrective action.
- Determines order preparation and planning along with the entire supply chain.
- Ensures that cargo manifests and related documentation, permits and licences are received and properly handled at the dispatch warehouse and for export.
- Carry out cost management and follow-up according to the warehouse budget
- Coaches and supervises staff within his team;
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- 6 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Confirmed people-management and talent development experience.
- University degree or high-level technical degree (graduate level); specialization in inventory management an asset.
- Extensive warehouse and distribution experience
- Good understanding of warehouse and distribution risks
- Strong planning, coordination and leadership qualities
- Good command (spoken and written) of English
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word and Excel, warehousing-management tools).
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning software an asset.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 27th June 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Logistics Support Centre,
via: E-mail : email@example.com
The reference Warehouse manager must be stated in the application to be valid.
If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required degree & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process.
If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.