Overview of the Organization: Inades Formation is a pan- African organization working in ten (10) African countries namely; Kenya, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Tchad, Cameroon, Togo, Congo DR, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
The network has a General Secretariat at Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. Inades Formation Kenya (IFK) is registered as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with mandate to work anywhere in Kenya for Economic and Social advancement of the people.
In the past four decades, IFK has concentrated most of the projects in Machakos, Makueni and Kitui Counties. The major areas of focus are food systems, community micro-finance, inclusive governance and climate change.
Inades Formation Kenya is looking for a suitable candidate to fill up the position of Community Advocacy (COA) – Project Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position shall entail:
- Overall in charge of the COA project hence its’ performance.
- Ensuring that the participating collaborators, partners as well as communities appreciate the goal of the project and have appropriate strategies and work plans
- Ensuring compliance with donor guidelines and regulations
- Coordination of project activities in the different project sites.
- Building Mechanisms for sustainability of the project among participating communities and work towards building the project into a program.
- Ensure that advocacy project integrates the aspects of other sister projects at Inades Formation Kenya especially on agriculture and environmental policies.
- Take a leading role in simplification, documentation and dissemination on policies that promotes small holder farmers
- Drawing and implementation of annual workplans and budgets.
- Designing appropriate tools for monitoring progress in the implementation of the project and ensuring that they are used.
- Frequently providing work plans, budgets and financial forecasts for the project.
- Periodically liaising with the Chief of Administration and Finance (CAF) for the project cash flows.
- Preparing periodic project reports and sharing with the team and the partners.
- Constantly consulting and updating the programs coordinator/Team Animator as well as the Managing Director.
- Fundraising for the next phase of the project.
- Ensuring projects effects continuity and multiplication by establishing partnerships and collaborations as well as writing proposals for sustained implementation of project activities in the current and new sites.
- Realization of set targets/results and impact by participating communities.
- Nurturing and strengthening team spirit in the organization
- Performing any other duty as shall be assigned by the IFK Management
Skills and Experience
Interested candidate should have the following qualifications and competencies:
- At least a university degree in Agriculture, Environmental Science/Studies or their equivalent.
- At least five years working experience for non-profit organization/s in a similar position
- Demonstrated experience in working with local implementing partners, networks and consortiums.
- Enthusiasm in tracking current affairs in governance, laws and regulations affecting rural communities.
- Proven track record of implementing successful advocacy initiatives especially in Agriculture and Environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent Coordination and organizational skills
- Proven track record on fundraising skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be a team player.
- Driving/riding competence shall be an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions of Engagement:
Attractive remuneration, commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
The position attracts other benefits such as:
- Group Medical Cover
- 13th Month (Bonus)
- Group Personal Accident Cover
- Settlement allowance
The successful candidate will be offered a one-year fixed contract, with three months’ probation renewable based on availability of funds.
Other conditions of service are as promulgated in the organization’s Terms and Conditions of service.
Duty Location: The successful candidate shall be based in Machakos town with frequent travels.
How to Apply:
Suitable and interested candidates for this position are invited to forward their applications; comprising: Curriculum vitae- including three professional referees who are not relatives, a cover letter, copies of certificates, with the subject heading, “Community Advocacy Project Officer” addressed to:
Board of Directors
Inades Formation Kenya
P.O. Box 1905-90100
The closing date shall be on 30th June 2019; all applications shall be reviewed on roll-out basis.
Interviews shall be contacted on the first week of July
Inades Formation Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.