Terms of Reference for a Consultancy on Human Resources for Health (HRH) Mid-Term Assessment
1.0 About HRH Kenya Mechanism
The Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya is a five-year (Sept. 27, 2016 –Sept. 26, 2021) mechanism funded by the Presidents Emergency Fund for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Implemented by IntraHealth International Inc. and its partners, Amref Health Africa and Strathmore University Business School (SBS), the mandate of HRH/Kenya is to strengthen health workforce management to achieve improved health outcomes in 24 high disease-burden focus counties.
To achieve this result, the mechanism focuses on three sub-purpose areas: 1
) Improve quality of training and increase the number of graduating health workforce;
2) Improve management and leadership of health workforce at the county level and,
3) Optimize data use for effective HRH decision making at national and county level.
2.0 Purpose of the assignment:
The mechanism will conduct a midterm assessment in all 24 focus counties comprising of the following 5 major components;
- 2.1 County Human Resource Management Maturation Assessment
- 2.2 Training Institutions Capacity Assessment
- 2.3 Afya Elimu Fund Assessment
- 2.4 HRH Systems, ICT Infrastructure and Software Assessment
- 2.5 Human Resource Data Demand and Use Assessment
CLICK HERE for a detailed terms of reference
12. Institutional Framework and Team Contacts
Responsible person: Janet Keru
Function: Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
The Consultant will report to the Manager- M&E during the assignment, but on a day to day basis will work with M&E team, HRH Kenya Technical Team leads, and Strathmore Business School and Amref Health Africa Assessment focal persons.
Qualified Consultants should submit a technical proposal, CV and daily rate for the number of days proposed, to email@example.com and copy Janet Keru on firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12 noon, 24th June 2019
14.0 Project Tracking Code (s): 3427400-4.1