Kenya Paediatric Association
Position: Program Officer, KPFP
Role: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start date: July 1, 2019
KPA Overview: The Kenya Paediatric Association is a professional member organization of paediatricians and other stakeholders with interest in the healthcare of children. KPA’s vision is the ‘provision of an optimal healthcare environment for children’.
The mission is ‘to be the guide and leader in comprehensive child healthcare delivery through promotion of best practice in paediatrics training, research, policy formulation and capacity building of members’. Since its inception in 1968, the organization has engaged in various activities, in partnership with government and developmental partners to promote better health care for children in Kenya.
For more information, please visit: www.kenyapaediatric.org
Position: Program Officer
The Kenya Paediatric Association is seeking a Program Officer to work in the Kenya Paediatric Fellowship Pogram.
The goal of the program is to support, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and County Governments, the development of paediatric health workforces at subspecialist level.
The Program aims to improve access to pediatric specialty services in Kenya by increasing training of pediatric sub-specialists and specialist nurses at select in-country training institutions, and also
coordinating stakeholders to ensure strategic selection and deployment of trainees to high need sites. It also seeks to harmonize training programs across the various participating training sites
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with periodic travel (up to 40%) within the country.
- Convene stakeholders to define project deliverables, timeline and approach, including criteria for strategic selection and deployment of trainees
- Convene and provide coordination support to the program working group for pediatric training selection and deployment
- Develop and ensure utilization of the results framework for pediatric training grant suite
- Develop information systems and reporting flows against agreed indicators and reporting timelines in results framework
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with national and county government focal points responsible for training selection and deployment
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with training institutions and other key partners
- Coordinate with CHAI Monitoring and Evaluation team for graduate tracking and the coordination of post-training clinical mentorship
In addition, the KPA Program Officer is responsible for the following:
- Design and Implementation plan for the College of Paediatrics
- Serve as the primary officer and contact person for the College of Paediatrics
- Provide regular donor reports and other administrative duties as needed
- Support the KPA Executive Officer to implement the KPA Strategic Plan in assigned areas
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably in Health-related field
- At least 6 years’ work experience; or Advanced Degree plus 3 years work experience
- Demonstrated experience with coordination of and consensus building with senior government and organizational stakeholders toward a common goal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated strong project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and deliver against expectations without close supervision
- A result oriented individual
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet applications
- Experience working in the public health sector in Kenya or other similar settings
- Demonstrated experience working with academic institutions including universities and academic medical centers on pre-service training for health workers
- Post graduate degree in public health, business, economics or related disciplines
To apply for this post, you must:
1. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject titled: JOB APPLICATION: PROGRAM OFFICER
2. Attach your application letter and curriculum vitae
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
4. The application is open until filled.
The Kenya Paediatric Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KPA does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Kenya Paediatric Association
KMA Centre, 3rd Floor-Office Suite 301
Upper Hill, Mara Road
P.O. Box 45820 – 00100 GPO
Tel: 254- 020- 2725309/ 2726298
Fax: 254-020- 2726299