Kilimo Trust … Transforming Lives Through Agribusiness
Exciting Leadership Opportunity
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Location / Station: Kampala, Uganda – with frequent travels
Contract: 3-year (renewable)
Position supervises: Director, Finance and Administration and Team Leaders.
Type of position: Regional
Reports to: Kilimo Trust ‘s Board of Trustees
Kilimo Trust (KT), a not- for- profit organization focusing on contributing to transformation of food and nutrition security in the East African Community (EAC) region, is looking for a seasoned
and entrepreneurial Chief Executive Officer to provide strategic and transformational leadership focused on;
i) driving agricultural value chain development that positively impacts overall Small Holder Farmers’ participation, productivity and incomes, and
ii) pursuing emerging opportunities that position KT favourably as a financially viable and sustainable institution within the EAC region.
i) Provide Strategic Leadership for KT;
ii) Act as KT’s legal representative within the limits established by the KT’s Board of Trustees and implement Board approved policies and guidelines;
iii) Ensure Financial Health of KT and compliance to statutory requirements;
iv) To promote and market KT within East Africa and globally as a leading independent agricultural development organization supporting innovation for Small Holder Farmers in the region through both not-for- profit and social entrepreneurship interventions;
v) To develop KT’s interests effectively by leading the implementation of partnership and alliance strategy that enables the Trust to leverage and nurture strategic partnerships;
vi) Hold strategic leadership responsibilities for the delivery of resources required to fulfil the mission of KT;
vii) To identify, reduce, mitigate and manage all relevant risks as they relate to the Trust’s financial, reputational, brand and other assets in tandem with the values and deeds of KT;
viii) To prepare and present accurate timely and regular reports, briefs, and updates to the Board of Trustees concerning progress against the strategic and annual business plans as per the Board ‘s mandate and needs;
ix) To recruit, hire, train, manage, lead, and develop the Senior Management Team and the regional Senior Staff in a manner that ensures the staff members are competent and developed for the future;
x) To institute, implement and review policies regulations, rules and guidelines that promote efficient, effective and harmonious functioning of KT as per the organization’s Mission, Ethos and Values.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in agricultural sciences or related fields
- Specialized training in Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Organizational Leadership
- Knowledge of different not-for-profit and private sector engagements and approaches
- Well-versed in agricultural development issues
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in a top leadership position in a similar/related organization especially within the agricultural sector
- Solid experience of at least 7 years in supporting growth of agribusiness ventures
- Demonstrable competence in networking, building strategic alliances and partnerships with the private sector, NGOs, multilateral agencies, public agencies and governments in the region and beyond
- Demonstrable skills in fund raising substantial revenues for operations similar to KT
- Expertise in leading ante and post implementation studies related to various program management and appreciation of requirements by different funding partners
- International and regional work experience and exposure
- Fluent in English and spoken Swahili
- A working knowledge of French would be an added advantage
- Willingness and ability to travel within the East African region and Internationally
How to Apply:
Details about the position can be accessed at https://www.kilimotrust.org/
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com not later than 1st July 2019.
The application should contain a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (not exceeding 4 typed pages), names and contacts (phone number and e-mail) of three referees.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED