Career Opportunities in Ports, Shipping and Maritime Logistics Industry
Our client, Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), is a Commercial and Strategic State Corporation mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea ports on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya, inland waterways and Inland Container Depots.
KPA also has liaison offices in transit markets of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. KPA aspires to position the Port of Mombasa as a competitive regional hub. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway to East and Central Africa, and is one of the busiest Ports along the East African coastline.
The Port provides direct connectivity to over 80 Ports worldwide and is linked to a vast hinterland comprising Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by road. A railway line also runs from the Port to Uganda and Tanzania.
The Authority is seeking to recruit dynamic, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill the following vacant posts in the Authority.
Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management
Reporting to the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board and to the Managing Director (MD), the job holder will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive programme for
independent, systematic and objective audit reviews as well as pragmatic evaluations of business policies, systems, processes and enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Lead the development and review of Audit policies and procedures;
- Develop implement a risk management, governance and internal controls framework;
- Establish quality management systems (QMS) in the Authority;
- Provide guidance and direction on the overall audit process;
- Oversee and lead all audit planning and execution;
- Ensure compliance with Audit and Risk policies and procedures;
- Review internal controls and ensure compliance to the risk management framework and quality management system; and
- Lead in review and evaluation of systems, controls and operating procedures, and make recommendations to the Board.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields; Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or any other relevant field;
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a relevant field;
- Possess a Professional Qualification in CPA-K or ACCA-UK and be a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA);
- Be a member in good standing of ICPAK and IIA;
- Have not less than ten (10) years of relevant work experience with at least five (5) years in managerial position (s) in significant organisation (s) with similar complexity as Kenya Ports Authority.
Candidates will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you meet the relevant criteria for the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, your curriculum vitae, details of your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 14 June 2019.
For the full details about these positions, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohrriatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte Consulting Limited