Job Vacancy: Lead Software Developer
About Digital Divide Data (DDD)
DDD Transform lives around the world through sustainable training and employment programs which provide a path to lifelong employment and opportunity. We believe talent has no boundaries–and opportunities shouldn’t either.
DDD works with leading global clients with a shared who have trusted DDD to deliver excellence.
Salix Data as a client to Digital Data Divide leverages its high-quality people and services to have a positive impact on our customers by solving problems and delivering results while staying true to our core values of Service, Achievement, Leadership, Integrity and Expertise.
About the Role
DDD is recruiting a Lead Software Developer for our client Salix Data to be based in Nairobi.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and Head the Software development team in Kenya
- Work hand in hand with the lead software developer in the US office
- Developing tools for data entry
- General software development (engages in identifying, designing, installing and testing a software system)
- Develop, test and implement new software programs based on client’s specifications.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Design and update software database.
- Reviewing current systems, Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live, Maintaining the systems once they are up and running and Preparation of training manuals for users
A successful candidate for this position will be:
- Detail Oriented – achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Positive Attitude – the culture at SALIX is very collaborative and we strive to provide an enjoyable work environment. We look for people that will enhance our culture.
- Communication – ability to communicate in a business setting.
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies
- Willingness to think proactively and anticipate future needs
- Proven ability to solve complex problems methodically
- Write clean, concise and sustainable code
- Knowledge of version control tools
- Experience with responsive web design
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- HTML / CSS3
- Vue.js Framework
Benefits and Compensation
- Full time competitive compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Be part of Global Team delivering results
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Send us your CV and motivation letter on our email email@example.com on or before 21st June 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.