Indepth Research Services Ltd
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Position: Learning Advisor, Agriculture and Rural Development
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We seek to recruit an aggressive, confident, fluent, mature and keen to detail Humanitarian Trainee & Learning advisor to manage all communications, both internally and externally on full time basis.
Training and curriculum Development
- Design training to build the capacity of technical officer, Extension officials and teachers of agriculture and veterinary Institutes.
- Launch training for farmers in adopting appropriate practices in agriculture and livestock management.
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Determine additional training strategies based on data or observation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Preparing proposal and responding to related EOI and RFPs
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
Key responsibilities in consultancy work
- To provide scientific support in implementing various research projects
- Implementing field surveys, collecting and processing secondary data, developing research reports, policy briefs, communication materials, and presentations on research
- Implement farm level, household, market and consumer surveys, and collect and manage secondary data
- Facilitate focus group discussions and key informant interviews in selected areas
- Data entry, cleaning and management of survey data
- Managing electronic surveys: programming of tablets (for example with CSPro, ODK), retrieving and assembling the data, cleaning and organizing
- Locate, assemble and analyze secondary data relevant for specific research
- Conduct statistical and econometric analysis of survey and other data using STATA, SPSS or other standard statistical software
- Conduct literature reviews and assist in preparing strategy documents, research reports and policy briefs to strengthen research and publication efforts
- Masters degree in Science in agricultural economics/Agribusiness management, Horticulture, Agronomy or related field, from a recognized university or any other relevant degree with bias in quantitative and qualitative analysis, from an accredited university;
- Professional Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Ability to design training curricula based on a needs assessment and present in MS word and Power Point format to farmers and local staff.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in design and delivery of agricultural training
- Strong agribusiness and value chain skills
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders that include the private sector, government, agribusiness cooperatives and farmers’ associations.
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of multiple statistical and/or qualitative software packages such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, R Studio, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
- GIS and Remote Sensing experience is an added advantage.
- Experience in conducting field surveys and analysis of farm household and market survey data
- Conversant with designing of questionnaires in CAPI using CSpro and/or ODK
How to Apply:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Interested candidates should only send their CVs (with 3 referees) to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Agriculture and Rural Development Learning Advisor’ on or before 21st June 2019.