Indepth Research Sevices Ltd
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Position: Learning Advisor, GIS, Remote Sensing and Environment
Indepth Research Services is a capacity development and research services firm in Africa. We offer research support and capacity development programmes to development institutions and professionals in Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management and Analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing.
Our programs are aimed at strengthening data management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and performance management capacity of development actors across the continent to achieve their development objectives. We provide managers and practitioners with the tools they need to manage and evaluate programs, and projects at the local, county, national, regional, and global levels.
We are currently interested in a young dynamic and results driven candidate who is passionate about developing his/her research skills and experience in practical environmental management, disaster risk reduction and GIS. This position is based in Nairobi, but with occasional travels to the field within and outside the country.
Roles and Responsibility
Training and curriculum development
- Utilize a variety of media to maximize training effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain training compliance database to track course completion for target audiences, as dictated by regulatory requirements.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on course design and materials to support any areas that need improvement.
- Develop consistent curriculum framework for all trainings in alignment with strategic goals,
- Review all course curriculums on a regular basis to be prepared to conduct any course assigned on short-notice.
- Teach GIS software courses in a traditional or online instructor-led classroom to help customers stay on the leading edge of GIS technology
- Contribute to the development of course materials and other educational tools by authoring content, providing technical expertise, and sharing feedback
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with the content development, delivery support, and training sales teams
- Participate in interdepartmental projects, conferences, and interest group meetings to bolster the training we offer
- Preparing proposal and responding to related EOI and RFPs
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
Desired background qualification and experience and competencies
- Bachelor’s or master’s in Natural or Environment science, Disaster Management, Natural resource management.
- 2 years + Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, QGIS, ENVI and ODK
- Knowledge of Web and mobile GIS applications
- Experience with web-based meeting tools
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
- 1+ years of instructional delivery and classroom facilitation experience
- Clear understanding of GIS theory and application in Agriculture, Health, Environment, DRR among others.
- Desire to learn and expand technical knowledge in both GIS and related technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a in fast-paced and adaptive client training environment
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 30% of the time, with optional international travel
- Working knowledge of Stata, SPSS, Advanced Excel and R will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Interested candidates should only send their CVs (with 3 referees) to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Learning Advisor, GIS, Remote Sensing and Environment’ on or before 22nd June 2019.