Indepth Research Services Ltd
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Position: Learning Advisor Humanitarian Technical Capacity Building.
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We seek to recruit an aggressive, confident, fluent, mature and keen to detail Humanitarian Trainee& Learning advisor to manage all communications, both internally and externally on full time basis.
Training and curriculum Development
- Identify the Humanitarian training needs, plan and implement training that meets these needs.
- Coach, train, and mentor Humanitarian Officers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the Humanitarian team and providing professional development guidance in conjunction with the Training Manager.
- Co-facilitation of international trainings workshops in Humanitarian work and Disaster to our corporate and NGOs clients.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on course design and materials to support any areas that need improvement.
- Review all course curriculums on a regular basis to be prepared to conduct any course assigned on short-notice.
- Preparing proposal and responding to related EOI and RFPs
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
Key responsibilities in consultancy work
- To provide scientific support in implementing various research projects
- Implementing field surveys, collecting and processing secondary data, developing research reports, policy briefs, communication materials, and presentations on research
- Implement farm level, household, market and consumer surveys, and collect and manage secondary data
- Facilitate focus group discussions and key informant interviews in selected areas
- Data entry, cleaning and management of survey data
- Managing electronic surveys: programming of tablets (for example with CSPro, ODK), retrieving and assembling the data, cleaning and organizing
- Locate, assemble and analyze secondary data relevant for specific research
- Conduct statistical and econometric analysis of survey and other data using STATA, SPSS or other standard statistical software
- Conduct literature reviews and assist in preparing strategy documents, research reports and policy briefs to strengthen research and publication efforts
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Disaster Management, Sociology, Public Health, International Development, or another relevant field,
- Certification in M&E
- Experience in facilitating M&E workshops
- Knowledge of GIS and Remote Sensing
- Excellent knowledge in data management and analysis applications including Stata, SPSS, R and Advanced Excel.
- Sound knowledge and field experience of humanitarian relief issues and a commitment to humanitarian relief.
- Demonstrable competence in and enthusiasm for practical training methods.
- A sound appreciation of the range of personal and technical issues facing relief workers such as health, International law, quality standard, gender etc.
- Computer literacy in MS Office is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a humanitarian training environment with a focus on Adult Learning.
- 27 years and above
- Must be able to deliver under strict deadlines and handle pressure effectively.
How to Apply:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Interested candidates should send their CVs (with 3 referees) email@example.com on or before 22nd June 2019.
The subject line should be clearly marked Learning Advisor, Humanitarian Technical Capacity Building