Job Title: Primary School Content Editing Associate
Reporting To: Content Team Lead
Supervising: No direct reports
Who We Are
Every child deserves to unlock their pathway to success in education and to achieve their brightest future. To help on this journey, M-Shule created the first personalized, mobile learning platform in Africa to connect students with tailored tutoring and assessments through SMS.
Meaning “mobile school” in Swahili, the system uses artificial intelligence to deliver personalised learning support in Math and English over SMS, building concept mastery, performance, and confidence. Then M-Shule shares data and insights with their parents, schools, and organisations to power better instruction.
Who You Are
You would describe yourself as…
- A stickler for minute detail and complete accuracy
- In love with the written word
- Always growing in pursuit of excellence
- Gritty, resilient and proactive
- Passionate about making an impact for students
You can prove you have..
- 1+ years of teaching experience (preferably at the primary level)
- A strong track record of developing and/or editing high-quality instructional materials
- A deep understanding of the nuances of words, syntax, and style
- An expert grasp of spelling, sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Google Drive
- The legal right to work in Kenya
What You’ll Do
This isn’t your typical editing role!
As an M-Shule Content Associate, you will be tasked with:
- Reviewing and editing developed content to ensure subject- and class-appropriateness, as well as to identify and correct content and/or style errors.
- Working with content developers and the Content Team to ensure edits are delivered on time and at top quality.
- Supporting the Content team in maintaining the desired level of quality in M-Shule’s product delivery and content management.
Design and Innovation
- Supporting the Content Team in reviewing, analyzing, and understanding content effectiveness while developing new ideas to better educate our learners.
Note: This being a start-up company, you will be called upon at times to support other team members in actualizing their plans toward realizing the big goal of M-Shule.
- Duration: This is a contract role, with the potential to develop into a full-time position. Duration and scope of the contract will be determined based on experience and performance.
- Location: Contract will be full-time and based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Compensation: Based on experience. We are an early-stage startup with many opportunities for growth.
How to Apply:
Application deadline is 24th June 2019 by 5pm EAT. (Applications may be closed sooner based on volume, so don’t wait!)
Please apply by filling in the Application Form HERE. We will ask you a few questions as well as request your CV and cover letter.
Note: Please do not email us about this position. Any applications received via any other channel(s) will be disqualified.
This position is open to applicants with the legal right to work in Kenya only.
Applicants not based in Nairobi are welcome to apply.
Unfortunately, M-Shule does not cover relocation costs.
Galana Rd, Nairobi