Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Nature of Job: Full Time
Salary Range: 150K – 300K
Key Objectives / Purpose of the Job: The Marketing Manager is responsible for making sure that the brand grows and the company grows into a trusted household brand.
To do this, s/he is responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive and multi-channel strategies and the means to measure its effectiveness.
- Developing overarching strategy for the brand
- Designing and planning marketing strategy with individual teams or business units
- Measuring the effectiveness of all marketing campaigns or customer facing properties
- Acting as the steward of our brand and keeping a constant ear to the ground
- Working with internal and external partners as needed such as design, product, sales, and others
- Building and managing a team capable of scaling these efforts exponentially, including a creative function
- Getting your hands dirty – whenever there are holes or gaps, you will be the one to fill it and whenever there is a new need you are the type that wants to dive in first to learn
Education Experience and Skills
- Passionate about our mission to transform the informal sector and have tons of ideas on how we can do it better
- Degree in business, marketing, design, communications or related field
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce, marketplace, mobile technology, or related business
- Demonstrated track record for driving strong user growth
- Able to work across a variety of functions, and for things you don’t know you’re eager to get your hands dirty and figure it out.
- Strong analytical skills and deep understanding of Microsoft excel
- Excellent copywriting skills
- An insatiable hunger to build, grow, and scale products
- Experience in the Kenyan Market strongly preferred
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.