Vacancy for Mechanical Technician
Our client is a globally renowned brand dealing with mechanical engineering appliances to include a range of high-value fire equipment.
They seek to hire an Engineering who is a quick learner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in designing and prototyping of innovative hand tools
- Assist in troubleshooting of issues that arise on the manufacturing plant floor
- Help prototype mechanical and/or mechatronic product concepts related to hand tools and related fields
- Assist in transporting mechanical materials
- Assist in preparation of possible solutions along with decision making to assist in choosing technical direction
- Assist in designing and constructing prototypes
- Help in creating the bill of materials and preliminary cost analysis
- Presentation of results to supervisor and innovation/technology leadership
- Perform the day to day total productive maintenance to ensure that machinery is maintained in an effective, up to date accurate manner
- Complete equipment/parts audits
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Manage, implement and improve continuous projects
- Conduct audits
- Manage personal development and performance
- Communicate/interact with the client, technicians and the office to ensure the flow of projects and customer requirements
- Fault find in a logical and professional manner
- Attend to breakdowns telephonically and physically
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronic Engineering
- Courses in Basic Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics is a plus
- Basic CAD & Drafting skills
- Solid and proven technical background
- Proven Leadership in and out of the classroom
- Fast learner and someone that takes the initiative
- An active participant on a team or in a collaborative environment
- Strong Project Management/Organizational Skills.
Our client is offering a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the scope of responsibilities, qualifications and competence.
How to Apply
Visit www.careeroptionsafrica.co.ke and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position.
Send your CV, Academic Certificates and National Identity Card (ID) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject heading of Mechanical Technician by 26th June 2019.
However applications will be reviewed as they are received and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CV’s are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.