Job Title: General Manager – Business Development (Microfinance Institution)
Salary: Competitive based on Experience
Our client is a fast growing Microfinance Bank and is looking to hire a well experienced and results oriented candidate to fill in the position of a General Manager.
He/ She will be directly accountable for the general management and oversight of the bank to deliver and increase profitability, business and market share growth, product penetration.
Role Summary: The position is responsible for operations strategies and business growth to deliver effective and profitable operation of the business and enhance the Company’s profile in the market place. The successful candidate will be responsible for lending, product development, marketing, customer experience, policy development, compliance and controls.
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plan, annual business plan and budgets
- Develop plans for business growth & profitability targets of the bank
- Monitor and evaluate performance to generate a healthy portfolio on a monthly basis, including client satisfaction metrics.
- Ensure organizational quality through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed policies, procedures and manuals.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements as well as continuous update of processes, policies and procedures.
- Prepare budgets, annual business plans and operational plans.
- Lead the team in championing the bank’s brand image both internally and externally
- Oversee credit risk framework, implement credit strategies, policies and procedures in line with the bank’s corporate strategy and ensure compliance.
- Implement the microfinance plan focusing on increasing the outreach of the bank through innovative marketing programs and development of new credit and non-funded products.
- Lead in mobilization of sufficient funds for onward lending to customers
- Manage and maintain relationships with strategic stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field of study from a reputable University
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in senior management positions in a Microfinance Institution or Bank
- Experience in credit origination and credit risk assessment in a lending environment coupled with mobilization and delivery channel development.
- Flexible and resourceful; the ability to work in a fast growing institution
- A thorough understanding of microfinance performance metrics/indicators and the ability to interpret and process operations data;
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer Focused
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop staff
- Strong Financial Acumen
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (General Manager) to email@example.com on or before Tuesday 11th June 2019.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.