Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title: Driver
Work Location: Nairobi
Start date: July 2019
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract (based on a 03 month probationary period)
The selected candidate will be reporting to Information System Specialist.
- Perform the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Daily check the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), perform weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions.
- Ensure the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensure correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, in particular:
- Submit the documents to the receiver of the goods.
- Check the status of delivered goods.
- Return the duly completed documents to Logistics.
- Ensure that the goods have the necessary documents.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always in good conditions following instructions and guidelines of Logbook and carry out a hand over if another uses the vehicle.
- Ensure that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Ensure all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle.
- Inform the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers or goods.
- Know how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicate with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Know and respect the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensure all passengers know and respect the security rules.
- Essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads
- Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience.
- Mission language and local language essential
- Good knowledge of mission area roads
- Stress Management
- Availability to travel and stay outside working area overnight
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 8th July 2019 to http://uhired.me/job/327
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)