Nation Media Group seeks to recruit experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following vacant positions in the Editorial Department:
JOB REF: HP-DO-06-2019
Reporting to the Data Editor, the Data Developer will be responsible for making large and complex data accessible and usable to a variety of audiences.
He/She will be a key member of a busy data operation working on multiple ongoing, ever evolving projects of various scales.
The successful candidate will be required to work with journalists in a manner that conforms to the NMG Editorial Policy and Guidelines and produce engaging stories for a dynamic audience.
- Make large and complex data accessible and usable to a variety of audiences:
- Apply digital tools to produce interactive multimedia projects:
- Support automation of data processes:
- Recommend relevant data tools for newsroom adoption on an ongoing basis:
- Develop systems to support Nation’s data journalism;
- Turn large volumes of data into universally understandable and easy to interpret interactive visuals.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree:
- Postgraduate qualifications in statistics:
- 3-5 years experience on data visualisation:
- Ability to interpret numbers and provide content for our audiences:
- Working knowledge of SEO and digital best practices.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before July 12, 2019.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.