Our client in the online travel agency industry is seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager who will join their dedicated team to monitor all financial data and prepare accurate statements.
- Manage all day to day accounting operations of the business ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that the company financial and accounting policies are implemented correctly.
- Provide feedback to the CFO on company policies and procedures, and constantly look out for potential changes which could improve operational efficiency, reduce costs or improve cash flow management.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial data in the accounting software.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
- Be an integral part of the monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
- Analyze transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
- Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Kenya. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
- Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
- Ensure all documents are filed in an organized manner and easy to retrieve.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the CFO and board for review and sign off.
- Escalate any issues or worries to the CFO and/or the rest of the senior management team.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Budgeting & Reporting
- Provide weekly short term cash flow forecasts for CFO and senior management to review and sign off on.
- Prepare monthly financial reports on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
- Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by CFO.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Have proven work experience as a Financial Manager of 4 – 5 years in a similar role
- Be a CPA – K finalist is an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Time-management abilities and be confidential
If you meet the above requirements kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating “Finance Manager” on the subject line on or before 10th June, 2019.