Vacant Position: Operations Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Nature of Job: Full-time
Salary Range: 300K – 600K
Key Objectives / Purpose of the Job: The Operations Director is responsible for operational strategy and day-to-day operations, overseeing B2C customer-delivery, and supply of Pros for all avenues of the business.
S/he ensures that customer offerings are designed to satisfy the needs of service buyers, service providers, and internal teams, and are iterated on, based on feedback from those stakeholders.
S/he works with teams to ensure that services are delivered with quality and that sales and growth targets are met.
S/he collaborates with other teams including tech and marketing, to ensure a fantastic customer- and Pro-experience is offered and develops new partnerships to improve the overall experience further.
- Work with segment teams to develop compelling customer offers
- Provide overall guidance of a team
- Manage and cultivate mid-management Segment Leads
- Set KPIs and targets for segment teams, and push for ongoing growth
- Ensure that Segment Leads are delivering on KPIs and SOPs
- Function as the escalation point as required
- Function as focal point for coordination between Segment Teams, B2B and Projects teams, marketing and tech
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Lead recruitment for staff in Segment Teams
- Manage Operations budget planning and monitoring
- Push business unit teams to hit and exceed growth targets
- Promote and support implementing innovative ideas from teams to grow business units
- Collaborate with B2B, Projects and Marketing teams to ensure that the quantity of delivery can grow
Education Experience and Skills
- MBA or degree in related field
- 5 years’ experience in managing business units and people
- Demonstrated track record in scaling initiatives or business units
- Proven record of developing effective partnerships
- Experience with vocational training, upskilling, and/or work with informal workers a plus
- Experience in the Kenyan Market strongly preferred
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.