Company: Moko Home + Living
Position: Operations Officer
Location: Mombasa Road, Nairobi
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play.
But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko’s Operations Officer makes hundreds of families happy every week by making on-time deliveries of top-notch mattresses, sofas and furniture efficiently, and with a smile. You’ll help in the coordination of the team responsible for warehousing and nationwide distribution of all our products. You will be an experienced, results-driven multi-tasker who is eager to support the operation’s processes of logistics, inventory and orders management.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Support Moko’s distribution to ensure world-class service delivery
- Receive and dispatch goods in the factory. All goods must be received through a production output document and leave the warehouse with an invoice.
- Coordinate offloading of goods to the warehouse and organization of the warehouse.
- Ensure trucks are accurately loaded and dispatched on a timely basis.
- Route Planning to ensure that the trucks go on the most efficient route.
- Responsible for meeting, recording and monitoring operations’ goals such as lead time to delivery, truck usage, etc.
- Ensure company vehicles e.g. the trucks and forklifts are kept in a functional condition, well serviced and ready for use.
- Manage relationships with contracted transporters.
Bring delight to our customers by delivering products, efficiently
- Ensure the queue is updated with new orders and orders that have been dispatched.
- Ensure sales team is updated on inventory status of items in the warehouse.
- Manage customers’ feedback. Recording any customer complaints that are received by the sales team and passing over to the relevant department; logistics, admin or production.
Lead, grow and continuously improve your team
- Manage the warehouse and distribution teams and ensure a safe and happy environment.
- Ensure the team supervisors are performing their jobs adequately.
- Communicate to the team clearly about the expected outcomes.
- Assist in the hiring and training of new team members
Compliance and Continuous Improvement
- Strict enforcement of all Organizational SOP’s as relates to operations i.e. Personnel and equipment safety, attendance, cleanliness, work gear etc.
- Oversee and achieve high compliance with health and safety standards and other best-practice policies and procedures geared at cultivating a zero-harm culture within the team.
Take responsibility for warehouse and inventory management
- Inventory of all non-foam products. As part of inventory and record keeping, you will be responsible for doing regular stock takes and reconciling any differences.
- Responsible for warehouse security. This involves reviewing warehouse security procedures and taking steps to ensure that all goods in the factory are safe and not being mishandled.
- Ensure timely purchase of items in the warehouse. This includes items such as first aid box contents, firefighting equipment and other safety items/posters required in the warehouse.
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in warehousing, inventory management, logistics and/or distribution
- An independent, out-of-the-box thinker with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Candidates with at least 2 years’ experience supervising a team preferable
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form, Apply Here – All Positions.