Career Management Centre is seeking to recruit a Pharmacy Technologist to work in a health care unit in Makindu.
The Pharmacy Technologist will supply medicine to patients on prescription, assemble medicines for prescriptions and provide information to patients and other healthcare professionals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verifying that information is complete and accurate- Ensuring proper dispensing in the hospital.
- Pre-packing of medicines for dispensing.
- Enhancing rational drug use within the hospital.
- Timely and accurate dispensing to patients drugs.
- Coordinating, ordering of pharmaceutical purchase. Develop/ adopt relevant materials to support hospital operations.
- Ensuring timely requisition and inventory management
- Tallying medicines received from supplies against invoices and cheeked for correctness of quantity, price, batch numbers and expiry date.
- Maintain shelves and medicine clean
- Ensure medicines for cold temperatures are always kept on refrigerator
- Receive and store incoming supplies verify quantities against invoices and inform supervisors of stock needs.
- Adherence and Counselling of patients and advising on drugs dispensed respectively
- Diploma or Degree in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution.
- Valid and up to date registration license by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
- A good listener, speak to customers in a pleasant and cheerful way.
- Attention to detail, paying close attention to duties and ensure safety of customers.
- Organization, balance their duties to pharmacists and customers.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to email@example.com clearly quoting ‘Pharmacy Technologist on the email subject not later than 12th June 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.