Position: Primary School Principal
Nature of Job: Full Time
Salary Range: 30-35K
A premier private primary school in Machakos is looking for a school head.
The School Principal will ensure smooth running of the school to assist the schools’ directors in ensuring that the schools meet their educational aims.
She/he will be responsible for providing professional leadership and management of school’s staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The School Principal is responsible for the School’s Financial Management- prepare a realistic budget for the school and ensure all utilities are paid in time
- Head the teaching function- ensure teachers are attending to duties well and there is improved performance
- Ensure well-disciplined students and a conducive learning atmosphere
- Administration Management- manage the school’s administrative function
- Human Resource Management-Ensure that all recruitment, appraisal, staff development, grievance, disciplinary and redundancy policies and procedures comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Facility & Property Management-Manage the maintenance of the school site and property including the purchase and repair of all furniture and fittings
- Health & Safety Management of the School-Ensure the health & safety policy is implemented at all times, put into practice and is subject to review and assessment at regular intervals or as situations change
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Education
- 2-3 years’ experience as a school head
- Good management skills
- Good communication, Business analysis and administration skills
- High degree of integrity
Qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s quoting relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.