Mwalimu National is the largest Sacco in the region with total assets in excess of 45 billion Kenya Shillings and is mandated to mobilize savings and give credit to its members.
Over time, Mwalimu has grown and has a number of subsidiaries including Mwalimu National Holdings limited, Mwalimu Asset Management Limited, Spire Bank limited and Spire Insurance Brokers limited.
Mwalimu National has eighteen (18) branches spread across Kenya with a membership in excess of 92,000 members.
Mwalimu National stands out as a leader in the sector, a key and fast-growing player ¡n the region’s financial services sector and a world-class co-operative financial institution.
The Society is an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization.
Mwalimu National is seeking to recruit a dynamic, ambitious, and result-oriented individual to join our team in our fast paced, modern work environment, to fill the following position:
The Procurement Officer will report to the Procurement Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Ensuring security and safe custody of stores and equipment;
- Participating in the Procurement of stores and equipment;
- Undertaking stock control and stock audit;
- Liaising with customers on outstanding deliveries and verification of orders and invoices;
- Collecting data on outstanding deliveries and unserviceable stores and equipment for disposal;
- Compiling data on items required for tendering and on disposable and unserviceable stores and equipment; and
- Participating in the preparation and implementation of procurement procedures manual;
- Analysing data on items required for tendering and quotation purposes and on those classified as disposable and unserviceable;
- Participating in disposal of unserviceable stores and equipment;
- Participating in the preparation of estimates on expenditure of goods and services; and
- Co-ordinating delivery of procured stores and equipment;
Required functional skills:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Finance or Procurement option), Business Administration (Supplies Management option), Procurement and logistics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications skills; and
- Shown merit, integrity and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Required behavioural skills:
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
How to Apply:
Interested persons are invited to send their application Letters, updated CV, copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials to the undersigned by 5.00pm on Monday 1st July, 2019.
N/B: Ony shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Upper Hill, Hill Lane-Off Mara Road
P.O Box 62641-00200
City Square, Nairobi.
OR Email: email@example.com
Mwalimu is an equal opportunity employer and shall not ¡n its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.
Mwalimu National is regulated by SASRA.