Urgent Job Vacancy: Production Cost Accountant
Outrival HR Solutions is one of the Leading HR Consulting Firm in Kenya providing Human Resource and Training Services in East African Firms and beyond.
One of our clients in the Manufacturing Industry is urgently looking for a Suitable candidate to fill the above position.
The incumbent should be able to take up the role immediately.
Main Purpose of the Job: The position will maintain cost information on the products the company is producing and provide management controls of operations based on the standard cost method which includes variance reporting by Go-down, by Machine, by Mold and by SKUs.
The role will be responsible for planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor as well as analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor
- Analyzing data collected and recording results while providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Responsible to check and reconcile manufacturing variances and yields analysis and interpretation of cost variances on a monthly basis
- Prepare detailed cost reports for manufacturing, identifying key overspends and variances and identifying opportunities of improvements
- Review and recalculate raw material, finished goods and other base costs and determine impact to business by applying changes
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
- Be registered with a professional body such as ICPAK, ACCA etc.
- At least 3 years of cost accounting in a busy Manufacturing/ FMCG environment.
- In depth understanding of manufacturing/ FMCG processes
- Good knowledge of SAP R3 accounting software
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Financial analysis experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail— Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Trend analysis
If you are interested and qualified for the position, kindly send your CV immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org