Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Task and Responsibilities
- Broader understanding of market prices with increased focus on quality of works done
- Guide on vetting of new suppliers and existing suppliers on their fitness for purpose for execution of civil works as expected by the site
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labor involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Commercial vetting of sub contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Able to work well within a team based environment.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labor, material and sub- contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- It is one year project
- Degree in civil engineering
- A registered member of chartered institute
- Demonstrated 3-5 years’ experience in management of quantity surveying process post registration
How to Apply
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 29th June 2019 email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.