Quarry Manager (Re advertised)
Stonefield Company Limited (located in Awasi) whose core business is production and supply of construction materials including aggregate, paving blocks, building blocks and variety of precast items is seeking to recruit a result oriented and self-motivated individual to oversee all operations, both on site and in the office, coordinate production and monitor all site systems.
Duties shall include:
- Spearhead production targets formulation and reviews.
- Plan operations for all production departments in liaison with respective H.O.Ds.
- Ensure optimum and efficient production towards set targets.
- Plan for acquisition, engagement and release of casuals pegged on need.
- Oversee and authorize site expenses.
- Authorize sales invoices prior to loading.
- Approve requisitions for purchases and payment vouchers.
- Verify sales and monitor customer accounts status (limits, postings and overdue debts).
- Develop links with local groups/community.
- Undertake regular site inspections and risk assessments in liaison with H.O.Ds.
- Implement control measures and ensure compliance to minimize risks.
- Ensure all persons working within the site wear PPEs.
- Ensuring that key health and safety measures are implemented throughout the site.
Oversee Repairs and Maintenance
- Plan and Supervise occasional machinery and equipment maintenance.
- Oversee all reported repair cases to ensure speedy action.
- Coordinate with respective H.O.Ds to schedule for major repairs and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Formulate and implement appropriate goals with team members.
- Plan for weekly and occasional meetings with team members.
- Coordinate marketing activities and itinerary with the sales team.
- Oversee and verify physical and system stock levels from time to time.
- Plan and oversee monthly stock take exercises.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to
- Handle and solve staff concerns in liaison with H.O.Ds and HRM whenever necessary.
- Disseminate information and act as a bridge between the top management, staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure team members submit reports as required
- Monitor attendance and ensure staffs observe stipulated working hours
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor of Commerce preferably Finance or Accounting specialty.
- Higher Diploma in Business Management is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Managerial/Supervisory position in production/manufacturing setup
- Basic level of technical understanding of quarrying, plant and machinery operations.
- Ethically strong, a team player, mathematical acumen, analytical and knowledgeable in accounting system/ERP.
- Excellent communication, coordination and leadership skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Good business and people management skills.
- Capacity to think strategically, make informed decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to occasionally tolerate noisy and dusty working environment.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to send Application and Updated CV only to -The Group Human Resource & Admin. Manager, Stonefield Co. Ltd, P.O.Box 3936 40100 Kisumu, to reach us by 28th June 2019
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject- Quarry Manager)
Kindly indicate your current / last and expected salary in your application.