Job Title: Associate, Community Outreach
Department: Nairobi Office
Closing Date: Short-listing will be on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting Salary: KES 90,000
Supervisor: Senior Officer, Community Outreach
Supervision Given: None
RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most vulnerable refugees. We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict that have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, in particular women, children and urban refugees.
The primary role of this position is to support the outreach team towards effective community outreach and enhanced community based protection.
The core responsibilities of this position:
- Coordinate rapid assessments by Community Navigators (CNs) to match program capacity; screen CN referrals to determine if a full assessment is needed; highlight households for case creation
- Support planning of outreach activities and participate in the same
- Represent RefugePoint in interagency and community meetings as requested by Supervisor
- Participate in identification of community support structures and link refugees to the same
- Engage communities with respect to age, gender and diversity to ensure that their contribution to program development is always captured
- Maintain a record of cases pending initial comprehensive assessment and ensure that they are prioritised when opportunities arise
- In the absence of the Senior Officer Community Outreach carry out tasks for overall coordination of community outreach
- Attend to walk in clients that the front office would find prudent to refer
- Participate in packaging community sensitization messages
Documentation and reporting
- Make accurate and timely updates on client records in the database for all clients directly interacted with
- Record feedback from CNs on specific clients in the relevant sections of the database
- Compile CNs updates of the local environment and share with supervisor
- Create new cases in the data base in the absence of Associate- Programs
Staff Development Support
- Support the Senior Officer Community Outreach in ensuring CNs personal growth through training and development
- In collaboration with Senior Officer Community Outreach, develop an effective working relationship with each Community Navigator, providing feedback on daily performance
- Support the Senior Officer Community Outreach in collecting community feedback on performance of the Navigators.
Attend to other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Degree in Community Development, Community Health, Social Work or other related field. In lieu of a degree, a Diploma in a related field and at least two years’ experience in community outreach preferably in an urban setting
- Demonstrated understanding of community based approaches and diversity mainstreaming
- Demonstrated experience managing people and engaging communities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals, groups and agencies
- Prior experience working with refugees or migrants
- Ability to work with people in a multicultural setting
- Ability to deal with conflict situations
Valid Police Clearance Certificate
Qualified refugee applicants who can legally work in Kenya are strongly encouraged to apply.
CLICK HERE to apply online