Our client, a medium sized Sacco in Meru County with six branches in different towns wishes to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced individual in the following position;
Job purpose: Reporting to the CEO, the position will be responsible for the day to day coordination of the Society’s risk management and internal audit operations.
The position will also examine and report on efficacy of accounting controls, information security, data integrity and adherence to operational policies and procedures, as well as reporting to all stakeholders as required.
The position will also manage staff within the internal audit function.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Review and report on adequacy of internal control framework of the Sacco;
- Review and report on compliance to internal procedures and regulatory standards;
- Assess adequacy of laid down operational procedures and advise management appropriately;
- Prepare and implement annual audit plans;
- Conducting any special investigation as may be required by the Sacco from time to time;
- Verify transaction vouchers to determine authenticity, accuracy and correctness;
- Review the Sacco’s network & information security infrastructure and report on adequacy & effectiveness;
- Review and report on ERP system user maintenance and management practices; and
- Identify and report on income leakages in the Sacco;
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Holder of a Bachelor of Commerce degree or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Is a CPA (K) and member in good standing with ICPAK;
- Certification on information systems audit e.g. CISA will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience of which at least 1 year must have been in a supervisory capacity;
- Prior experience and exposure in the Sacco sector desired; and
- Computer proficiency for MS Office Suite and specialized accounting software.
- Be of exemplary integrity and honesty
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills
- Possess excellent business writing skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent report writing and presentation skills
If you are interested in the above positions, kindly submit your applications as per the instructions below.
How to apply
Download the online form HERE (open with adobe reader).
Must indicate the Job Reference Number on the application form.
The form must be submitted by end of day on 4th July 2019.