Vacant Position: Sales Executive – Fertilizers / Agronomics
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Purpose: Responsible for the identification and conversion of new business development opportunities in the Fertilizer and Agronomics Sector through the distribution services in and around Kenya. To sell company offerings and solutions to current and prospective customers.
The role is accountable for achieving volume, revenue, and margin growth targets within a defined territory by growing company share within existing customers in fertilizer business through the sale of product and service offerings, and by acquiring new customers by providing consultative solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Income Generation
- Using creative methods to increase business development.
- Analyze market trends and future needs in the agreed sectors.
- Understanding the competitive environment and profiling significant companies.
- Mapping the above analysis to the strategic priorities of the group to select target companies.
- Managing customer relations by being the single point of contact for client, updating them on availability of products and status of their orders.
- Build and maintain alliances with key distributors.
- Visit (potential) customers on a regular basis.
- Achieve the relevant sales budget and targets.
2. Management of Debtor Payments
- Review accounts to identify problems, such as overdue accounts, proposed changes in pickup and delivery schedules, failure of shipper and claims.
- Call on clients to discuss and resolve payment problems as they arise.
- Develop Vender relations and better pricing.
- Ensure that all purchase orders are received from clients prior to dispatching.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Ensure that all legal documents and processes are followed when signing up an order.
- Maintains customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists.
4. CRM and Sales Management
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers at expos or by phone and attend trade shows.
- Use research conducted by sales support administrators and liaising with Head of Sales on taking the sales lead further.
- Keep customers informed about any problems arising influencing deficiencies regarding the execution of orders/contracts.
- Continuous improvement and development of the customer relationship.
- Monitoring of Sales targets and business objectives.
- Competitor Analysis
- Proactive at anticipating and meeting internal and external challenges.
- Advice customers concerning supply chain/ logistics matters.
- Manages pipeline proactively, recognizing customers’ stage in the decision cycle.
5. Product Knowledge
- Possess excellent in-depth knowledge of products being able to explain the product values, positioning in the market, target customers and technical knowledge of the product.
6. Coordination, Leadership & Management
- Develops relationships within organization and within the customer organization.
7. Market Knowledge
- Keeps up-to-date and informed on market, industry, and regulatory issues.
- Delivers monthly reports to the head of sales
Requirements for Appointment
- Excellent understanding of the chemical industry in Kenya.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Fertilizer sales & Associated supplies
- Ability to build reports and forecast on sales as well as trends.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and strong negotiation and influential skills.
- Strong relationship management ability.
- Extensive business-to-business sales experience is essential.
Interested and qualified candidate to share cv to firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com