Vacant Position: Sales Executive – Industrial Chemical
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Purpose: Responsible for the identification and conversion of new business development opportunities in the Industrial Chemicals Sector through the distribution services in and around Kenya. Operating in the following industries: Detergent & Home Care; Personal Care & Cosmetics; Coatings & Construction; Food; Textile & Leather; Water Treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Income Generation
- Using creative methods to increase business development.
- Analyze market trends and future needs in the agreed sectors.
- Understanding the competitive environment and profiling significant companies.
- Mapping the above analysis to the strategic priorities of the group to select target companies.
- Managing customer relations by being the single point of contact for client, updating them on availability of products and status of their orders.
- Build and maintain alliances with key distributors.
- Visit (potential) customers on a regular basis.
- Achieve the relevant sales budget and targets.
2. Management of Debtor Payments
- Review accounts to identify problems, such as overdue accounts, proposed changes in pickup and delivery schedules, failure of shipper and claims.
- Call on clients to discuss and resolve payment problems as they arise.
- Develop Vender relations and better pricing.
- Ensure that all purchase orders are received from clients prior to dispatching.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Ensure that all legal documents and processes are followed when signing up an order.
- Maintains customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists.
4. CRM and Sales Management
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers at expos or by phone and attend trade shows.
- Use research conducted by sales support administrators and liaising with Head of Sales on taking the sales lead further.
- Keep customers informed about any problems arising influencing deficiencies regarding the execution of orders/contracts.
- Continuous improvement and development of the customer relationship.
- Monitoring of Sales targets and business objectives.
- Competitor Analysis
- Proactive at anticipating and meeting internal and external challenges.
- Advice customers concerning supply chain/ logistics matters.
- Manages pipeline proactively, recognizing customers’ stage in the decision cycle.
5. Product Knowledge
- Possess excellent in-depth knowledge of products being able to explain the product values, positioning in the market, target customers and technical knowledge of the product.
6. Coordination, Leadership & Management
- Develops relationships within organization and within the customer organization.
7. Market Knowledge
- Keeps up-to-date and informed on market, industry, and regulatory issues.
- Delivers monthly reports to the head of sales
Requirements for Appointment
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in chemical industry sales
- Ability to build reports and forecast on sales as well as trends.
- Extensive business-to-business sales experience is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and strong negotiation and influential skills.
- Strong relationship management ability.
- Excellent understanding of the chemical industry in Kenya.
Interested and qualified candidate to share cv to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org