SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non–governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection, support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below.
Position: Communication’s Officer Internship
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 2
Qualification, Duties and Responsibilities
Documentation and Project Communications
- Manage knowledge documentation; Spearhead documentation strategies and support documentation and publication of work and lessons learned to help develop corrective measures for project implementation.
- Support report preparation for the project that ultimately addresses best practices, challenges, and lessons learned.
- Develop and coordinate framework to document stories to share about the project maintaining an effective social media presence for the organization through blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other means as appropriate; in the media.
- Work in collaboration with SAPCONE Project Managers and Officers to gather stories, photos and videos to support the organization’s communications strategy
- Write and produce high quality communications materials and effectively communicate these across key audiences while ensuring that they conform to the organization’s standards and promote the image and objectives of the organization
Corporate Communications and Media
- Create and execute publicity plans to improve the visibility of SAPCONE programme.
- Create communication collaterals (media brief, press release, etc.) for distribution to media and other target audiences
- Liaise with media and partners as the media contact for the organization
- Draft and create organizational collaterals for public consumption in a timely manner (handouts, brochures, flyers, Annual Reports etc).
- Assist in the administration, content management and maintenance of the organizational website and online/social media platforms
- Assist in the content management, content layout, production and dissemination of the organization’s eNewsletter to promote the visibility of the project/organization
- Multimedia content development
General Program Support / Fundraising
- Support the Programme Coordinator in development and Fine tuning of new proposals and fundraising opportunities
- Work in collaboration with the Program Managers to support fundraising, Monitoring and Evaluation and reporting for the project; including creating tools to track individual and project progress.
- Develop program specific materials including organizational briefs etc. on an on-going basis, in consultation with the Program Managers and other project staff.
- Ensure effective communications across different media and formats in adherence to the organization’s standards.
- Work to enhance internal and external communication through various communication platforms.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with external audiences; either face to face, through email and telephone conferences where appropriate, and using any other forms.
- Reviewing organizations documentation before sharing with the outside world including, reports, proposals etc.
- A graduate degree or equivalent in mass communication, social science or its equivalent from any reputed university and at least one-year experience in national/ international NGO or aggressive organization in a similar position.
- Experience working in a professional capacity related to fundraising in developing countries.
- Experience in a Monitoring and Evaluation role.
- Preference for experience working in civil society, governance, advocacy, or rule of law sectors.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate corporate fundraising and/or involve local organizations in creative and innovative ways of programming and measurement;
- Exceptional communications, interpersonal, as well as facilitation and coaching/mentoring skills applied within multi-cultural contexts;
- Demonstrated reporting, writing, communication and relationship management skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with the ability to prepare reports in English;
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to the field are essential.
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, and a problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships is essential.
- Able to multitasks and prioritize heavy workload
- Strong commitment to the organization’s mission, vision and strategies
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the afore mentioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
please clearly indicate the position title on the SUBJECT or the ENVELOP.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to the
Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
or Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Monday 1st July, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply