SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non–governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection, support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below.
Position: Emergency Response Officer (CTP)
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 1
Qualification, Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Food Security and livelihood Manager to identify appropriate Cash transfer modalities for SAPCONE disaster operations related interventions
- Ensure targeting of the most vulnerable families to benefit from cash assistance, including supervision of the registration process and data entry to the database system, and ensuring selection according to vulnerability criteria
- Supervise household visits and ensure procedures for beneficiary management and communication are followed
- Supervision of the maintenance of the records in hard and soft copy of all the beneficiaries as required and guiding the project staff in SAPCONE
- Ensure implementation of all project guidelines with regard to disbursement of payments to the beneficiaries. Administer and monitor cash transfer and payment mechanisms, including follow-up of payments in the database and communication with the payment service providers
- Work closely with the SAPCONE procurement, logistics and finance teams regarding identification of service providers and procurement of beneficiary communication tools
- Conduct any necessary market assessment related to CTP.
- Participate in the capacity building of SAPCONE staff to implement cash and voucher programs in a technically appropriate way through knowledge transfer, training, development of good practice and evidence based research
- Capacity building for SAPCONE CTP implementing teams (mostly volunteers & other partners such as traders & Payment Service Providers) at the field
level on cash programming: provide technical support to SAPCONE staff on CTP (training and supervision)
Review and develop systems, materials and tools for Cash Transfer Programming (CTP)
- Support the development of Guidelines/Standard Operating Procedures for cash transfer programming (cash for work, conditional and unconditional cash grants, vouchers programming) and ensure its incorporated in the Disaster Management Policy and implemented/followed in the subsequent CTP pilot projects
- Contribute to the CTP Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system set-up, in coordination with the field and M&E teams
- Undertake data collection, database management, and tracking of M&E outputs
- Analyze data collected from M&E activities and utilize information to strengthen future work
Capture Monitoring and lessons learnt
- Monitoring of all cash transfer elements of the disaster operation in the target areas within the country, ensuring targets are met
- Follow the cash program and activities ensuring that reports are completed on time and to a professional required standard;
- Carry out monitoring field visits and support volunteers and other participating staff in adhering to the compliance
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation activities including process, market and impact monitoring and capture learning and feedback to improve the Cash based response.
- Document cash transfer processes in a case study report to be shared internally and with partners
- Support in the organization of review meetings of CTPs to identify lessons learned.
Coordination and partnerships
- Representation of SAPCONE at external cash coordination forums at the County Level (CSG, Sectoral Working groups)
- Attend programme progress review events and contribute to future programmatic priorities.
- Compile & upload the CTP related resources available on the intranet site (Tools, Documents, Lessons Learned, etc)
- Support the preparation of workshops, trainings and meetings
- Higher academic qualification on development studies/relevant degree or equivalent experience (3 years)
- Training in cash transfer programming principles and best practices (CaLP or equivalent Cash ToT is an added advantage)
- Experience in ensuring beneficiary accountability in humanitarian programming.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills in humanitarian programming, with experience in assessing emergency needs, market analysis, response analysis and program design
- An understanding of the project management cycle including developing implementation plans and monitoring systems and ensuring project activities are implemented to a high standard in a timely and professional manner.
- Proven skills in participatory methodologies in assessment, program design and implementation.
- Familiarity with HAP-I, CHS and other accountability frameworks as well as humanitarian principles and international codes of conduct
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the afore mentioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: email@example.com
please clearly indicate the position title on the SUBJECT or the ENVELOP.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to the
Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
or Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Monday 1st July, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply