SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non–governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection, support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below.
Position: Governance Program Officer
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 1
Qualification, Duties and Responsibilities
1: Strategic and Programme Development
- Assist in the development and implementation of SAPCONE programme strategy
- Contribute to internal (within the team and across the organization) discussions on thematic issues particularly on peace, security and governance
- Contribute to further develop, and deepen understanding of the organization’s peacebuilding and governance thematic issues and approaches.
2: Programme Implementation
- Support planning, development and implementation of governance project
- Organise and facilitate dialogue meetings, workshops and forums with government representatives, civil society and communities in efforts to prevent violent conflict and promote cooperative approaches to peace, security and governance
- Support the M&E coordinator in assessing the Civic Educators set results, writing and filing of reports
- Develop donor reports
- Support Civic Educators and Social Auditors to mainstream cross-cutting issues, among them, gender and youth in their initiatives
- Arrange for regular meetings with C.E & S.A to review and reflect on progress and results in order to identify, mitigate challenges and learn lessons for improved programme delivery
- Participate in and contribute to quarterly and other scheduled programme performance review meetings
- Mentor and coach civic Educators through accompaniment and quarterly site visits
- Assist the Project Manager in planning and implementing the governance project
3: Communications and Advocacy
- Contribute to documentation of ‘success stories’ and other anecdotal information to demonstrate results/impact of initiatives undertaken.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate strategies for advocacy with the county government
- Identify and develop relationships with key strategic partners in government, civil society, media and the international community for promoting peace, good governance and conflict sensitivity in Kenya
- Represent SAPCONE at meetings, seminars, co-ordination forums and other events
- Bachelor degree in law
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience with an emphasis on governance, legislative drafting, access to justice and community engagement
- Experience in project design, implementation and management
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the afore mentioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
please clearly indicate the position title on the SUBJECT or the ENVELOP.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to the
Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
or Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Monday 1st July, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply