Job Vacancy: Sector Manager
About Us: We manufacture and distribute nutritional and other animal health products for both livestock and companion animals.
Our mission is to continuously strive to raise the standard for animal health and well being and to optimise livestock production in Kenya.
We develop thriving relationships built on trust and reliability through education, training, and provision of quality products.
The Role: The Sector Manager is responsible for managing the sales team within an assigned Sector
Objective: The Sector Manager ensures that the sales team within the Sector meets the company targets. These will include revenue volume and growth; employee behaviour; team communication and training. In addition, the Sector Manager will be responsible for good distributor management by the team and ensuring effective product distribution throughout the Sector.
Promoting Brand Leadership and Distribution
- Vital is a premium product. The brand represents an approach that strives to improve animal health in a way that benefits livestock and farmers alike. The caliber, behaviour, and knowledge of the Sales Team is as much a part of the brand as the product.
- You will ensure that Sales Team Leaders and Representatives conduct themselves in such a way that reinforces our brand. Central to this is promoting best practice and high standard in farming, as well as promoting the product.
Planning and Management
- You will be responsible for Sector planning and management, this will include setting targets and forecasts with the Sales Manager and ensuring these are communicated and agreed with the Head Office.
- You will also be responsible for planning events, training and other marketing activities.
Transactions and Compliance with Vital Procedures
- Our team creates demand, provides leads and links to new sales opportunities. We do this by conducting ourselves professionally, by providing good advice to stakeholders and by following Vital procedures.
- You will ensure that Sales Promoters comply with company Procedure at all times.
- Daily reports/ updates
- Weekly reports
- Monthly reports
Reports to: National Sales Team Manager
Supervises: Sales Promoters and Interns
Competencies and Skills
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet targets
- Problem-solving skills
- Data analysis skills
- Diploma/Degree in business from recognised institution
- Experience in Animal Health is added advantage
- Proven working experience in Sales and distributor management
- At least 2 years experience in sales team management
- Valid driving license
Apply via this LINK.