Strategies for Northern Development (SND) is a local Non-Governmental Organization working with Nomadic Pastoralist Communities in Northern Kenya.
SND strives to build resilient pastoralist communities who are in control of their lives and livelihood.
Key areas of Focus include; Peace Building, Food Security and Sustainable Livelihood Development, Health, Child Protection and Humanitarian Assistance.
We are seeking application from qualified individual to fill the following open position;
Position: Digital Marketing and Communication Officer
Location: Moyale Kenya with frequent travel to the project sites in Mandera, Marsabit, Isiolo and Samburu.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences ranging Marketing, Communication / Journalism, Business Information Technology with at least an option / experience in Social Media, Digital Marketing and Communication
- Minimum 3 years in the digital space and communication.
- Skill in photography an advantage.
- Prior experience in working with the NGO sector and networking with donors, government and non-governmental organizations
- Proven track record of success in digital communications, web design or marketing leadership.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials, publications, digital marketing materials and social media campaigns.
- Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills required
- Be well developed in planning and analytical skills
- Proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders for resource mobilization
- Be willing to work under pressure, ready to travel and have an eye for detail
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists with the planning, developing and implementation of Communication, Visibility strategies and annual, operational plans linked to the strategic plan
- Create, implements and coordinates a consistent media and visibility campaign, including the use of social media, newsletters and promotional materials;
- Manages the organizational website and regularly updates it with relevant information
- Devises and implements creative and impactful visibility strategies for raising SND’s national and international visibility, profile and brand.
- Creates specific campaigns for long-term projects to meet agreed strategic priorities,
- Maintains and update promotional materials;
- Ensures that SND’s brand and image is consistent and reflects the organization’s mission, vision and values;
- In collaboration with the fundraising and donor compliance manager, review the organization’s visibility and communications materials to ensure key messages, values and case for support are
- Develop wider networks to pursue joint communication initiatives and develop effective PR campaigns.
- Improve and maintain the organization’s website and social media presence, creating regular content that is engaging and relevant to the target audience.
- Co-ordinate the development of innovative new visibility and information resources that clearly communicate the mission and objectives of the organization, including leaflets, posters, brochures, videos and presentations.
- Coordinate the design and develop the content for all donor communications such as direct mail to maximize opportunities for donor engagement.
- Support the development of social media strategy with planned feeds into our social media.
- Represent the organization at external events and build networks to further the aims of the organization.
- Initiate and maintain a record of SND media articles.
- Maintain the organization’s media library and utilize materials appropriately.
- Create and implement campaign plans with the Fundraising Manager
- Implement and coordinate fundraising events to generate income;
- Organize and plan donor meeting calendar and other fundraising events
- Research, identify and engage with prospective funders;
- Assist in developing compelling funding applications and grant proposals;
- Contribute to the development of fundraising reports, plans, projections and strategy;
- Maintain and develop SND’s
Building Resilient Pastoralist Communities fundraising database;
- Improve our website content, online donation platforms and fundraising materials.
- Develop & maintain database of donors.
- Undertake other appropriate tasks and duties including administrative duties that may be required by the fundraising and donor compliance manager and other senior members of staff.
- Ability to understand the context in which we work and the tenacity to work with all SND staff to overcome the difficulties that present.
- Any other duty (related to project activities) as may be assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply:
Send letter of applications along with a copy of your resume, a contact telephone number and the names of 3 referees preferably from your previous work places, quoting their email addresses/contact numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for the submission of application is Monday, 8th July 2019 5:00 PM.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Phone calls are not acceptable.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
SND is an equal opportunity employer.
NB: Please state your Salary expectations.