St Paul’s University … your university of choice!
Vacancy for the Position of Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academic Affairs
St. Paul’s University is a Christian ecumenical institution of higher learning in Kenya with campuses in Limuru, Nairobi, Nakuru and Machakos. As a fully chartered Christian University, St. Paul’s has continued to experience tremendous growth. It is our desire to match that growth with qualified staff to guarantee quality.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the DVC — Academic Affairs will be responsible for the effective management of the academic affairs of the University and work closely with the VC in ensuring the realization of the Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives of the University.
DVC-AA will specifically provide academic leadership of the faculty, research engagements, educational resources, curricula development and Implementation, teaching and quality assurance of all academic programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure effective accountability to the Vice Chancellor for proper management and implementation of activities in the academic section of the University.
- Provide leadership and supervisory oversight to the Faculty through the Faculty Deans, Library, postgraduate studies, distance learning, academic registry, research programs, student placement, welfare and discipline.
- Prepare and present teaching and research programs to the Senate for approval and oversee implementation of all aspects of planning, development and quality control of the extension studies and affiliated colleges.
- Assisting in formulating, for approval by the University Council, key institutional objectives, policies and strategies for maintenance of high academic standards for all the academic programs and research activities.
- Promote a learning environment that is supportive of the University Mission and Vision through student-centered services.
- Facilitate the development, mounting of the academic programs, review, and revision of academic curricula, for purpose of relevance, quality assurance and accreditation.
- Develop and maintain collaboration and linkages with both local and international institutions of higher Learning and any other relevant body for academic, research and innovation proqrammes.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must have the following qualifications and experience:
- A PhD Degree in a relevant field and preferably be at least an associate professor of a recognized University.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position or at least served as a Dean or a college/campus principal for at least 3 years.
- Demonstrable ability in the management of academic planning and programs, and management of the same at a University level and capacity to motivate and counsel staff and students.
- Experience in the running of University affairs, procedures and systems, and be well versed with the context of the Kenyan higher institutions of learning.
- Evidence of internationally recognized record of scholarship with extensive scholarly / refereed publications and capacity to lead and promote research activities in the University.
- Experience in resource mobilization, networking and fund raising.
- Have an evident experience in transformative and strategic leadership.
- Enhance the visibility of the University both locally and internationally.
Note: The position of the Deputy Woe Chancellor ¡s a 3 year contract eligible for renewal on the basis of satisfactory performance.
The post carries a competitive remuneration package.
Applications should include a cover letter, detailed CV and filled application form (downloaded from the University website) sent to
The Vice Chancellor’s Office,
St. Paul’s University,
by Wednesday, 10th July 2019.
Tel: 020-2020505, 0728 669 000