Job Title: Credit Controller
Industry: Tours and Travel
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client is one of the leading travel management company.
They seek to hire an experienced Credit Controller who will be tasked with accountability for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- Understanding credit, AR, cash application & collection policy and procedures, and execute in compliance with the company’s credit policy
- Assist in the setting up of the credit control system
- Request accounts department to process credit notes as appropriate
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Research disputes and resolve queries within specified timeframes, Manage Disputes related to Collections
- Ensure all Client reconciliation issues are raised with respective departments and sorted and/or escalated to the line manager
- Collect all outstanding debt from customers within the credit control policy and as per set targets.
- Monitor the actual and projected exposure against credit limit
- Circulate debtor statements to clients as per set timelines.
- Prepare demand letters for issuance to clients where appropriate and as per policy.
- Perform regular visits to intermediaries and clients for statement reconciliation and collection of outstanding premiums.
- Allocate all payments received within 2 days from date of receipt and/or share payment advice with accounts and follow up for allocation to be done.
- Analyze and reconcile all client statements and circulate on a monthly basis to all stakeholders to facilitate collection.
- Ensure timely resolution of all client queries. Manage an issues tracker, updated daily with all issues raised.
- Provide adequate service to internal customers of the credit department.
- Ad hoc tasks as needed or assigned in support of the credit control function
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Has highly developed IT skills (MS office) and an understanding of, and an ability to operate computer based financial management systems, and to assist others with their operation.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA, CCP, CPA)
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV to email@example.com only quoting the job title on the email subject (Credit Controller) to before 3rd July 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Male candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted.