Job Title: Travel Operations Manager
Industry: Tours and Travel
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client is one of the leading travel management company.
They seek to hire an experienced Travel Operations Manager who will be tasked with leading and coordinating the daily activities of the business travel management consultants, consisting up to 12 travel consultants with the main objective is to ensure service to corporate clients
- Travel Operations Manager is responsible to supervise and support the team leaders in their daily activities
- Ensure daily operations in accordance to reservations policies and procedures
- Lead and develop teams in delivering and achieving the SLAs defined for the operations team, in accordance with company standards while optimizing performance.
- May approve cost in accordance to internal company policy
- Responsible to ensure that monthly operational goals and KPI’s are achieved
- Ensure sufficient staff is available to achieve the service towards customers.
- Responsible for recruitment in accordance to company policy with guidance from HR and Managing Director
- Act as the first point of contract for the team for work related duties and HR related issues.
- Lead and develop the team members in achieving the SLAs defined for the operations team, in accordance with standards while optimizing performance.
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to constantly improve service level and performance.
- Ensuring that travel consultants are delivering all travel-related requirements which are to be carried out in a proficient manner and in accordance with the company’s policy and procedures, and client specific travel policy.
- Responsible to ensure the daily operation of travel management to provide end to end travel consulting service to ‘high touch’ corporate clients.
- Responsible for all travel-related requirements, which are to be carried out in a proficient manner and in accordance with company procedures, standards and client specific service level agreement (SLA), key performance indicators (KPI) and travel policy
- Required to be flexible concerning working hours as the role may require work outside normal business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in travel and tourism
- Ten (10) years of direct supervision of front line travel
- Good English: Written and oral
- Ability to deal within a multicultural environment
- Expertise with the Galileo/Amadeus GDS platform and web fares
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- E-mail Management System
- PBX Phone system management, Amadeus/Galileo Script writing, TRAMS Interface experience, Client Base Plus development, integration and deployment for leisure or corporate travel, automated ticket-based ticketing and tracking system
- Travel industry apprenticeship
- IATA or GDS training certificate
- Consultants in a corporate travel environment.
- Experience managing leisure, group or event travel.
- Good leadership skills and knowledge in people management
- General understanding of KPI used in travel industry
- Good understand of customer service skills
- Good financial understanding of budget and reports
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV to email@example.com only quoting the job title on the email subject (Travel Operations Manager) to before 3rd July 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Male candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted.