Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Employment Status/ Type: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit
Manages Others: No
Job Purpose / Summary: The candidate will be responsible for conducting internal audit reviews from planning to reporting with minimal supervision.
He/She will also work closely with auditees to ensure audit recommendations arising from previous internal and external audits are promptly implemented.
They will monitor financial and operational metrics, and work with other departments to continuously improve business processes whilst ensuring best practices in internal control.
- Execute internal audit engagements as directed by the senior internal auditor or the audit manager.
- Document all audit working papers to the expected quality and ensure these are reviewed prior to sign off.
- Prepare audit reports to acceptable standards using set templates for review by the senior auditor or manager at the completion of every audit assignment
- Engage auditees constantly in following up the implementation of Internal and External Audit recommendations and provide inputs to the monthly status reports by the end of every month.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Prepare training material for trainings on Fraud and ABC policies and provide guidance on implementation of the same when consulted.
- Update the risk register with emerging risks reported from the audit team, with issues from internal and external audit reports to ensure the risk register is accurate and current at all times.
- To conduct snap checks on key high risk areas on a regular basis as directed by the audit manager.
- To carry out fraud investigations to the required standards and provide actionable recommendations to the investigating lead.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- Degree from a from a reputable institution
- Accounting Qualification CPA (K) / ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years cumulative experience in either internal or external audit
- Above Average IT skills. CISA Qualification and/or relevant experience in IS Audits will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in data analysis, data reconciliation and data presentation
- Good Knowledge of general accounting principle and practices
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Highly motivated individual, creative, with proven ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner & to perform functions with accuracy.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
- Resilient and have the ability to represent and maintain a principled position in a sensitive situation
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deliver accurate results
- Uphold 100 % accuracy, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Conceptual thinker, ability to wade through data and arrive at conclusions
- Good organizational skills, proactive and self-drive for results
- Strong technical/operational skills
- Strong analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 7th June 2019
The subject line Internal Auditor.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.