AFEX, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors, in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery, combined with 30 years of regional operational experience.
The AFEX Team is dedicated to ensuring clients have peace of mind that their projects will run on schedule and to budget, with their personnel being cared for to a high international standard.
AFEX wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position:
Accountant – (Temporary Position)
Job Summary: The Accountant will work under the Financial Controller and other department heads and may require occasional travel.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a range of accounting activities including General ledger, Cashbook, Accounts receivables and Accounts payables.
He/ She will also be involved in various reconciliations, preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit.
This is an individual contributor position, with opportunity for growth and development within the larger finance department.
NB: This is a temporary position with possible extension.
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Ensure complete capturing and reporting of revenue.
- Assist in following up of Accounts receivables and ensuring that debtors balances remain current.
- Compiling and distributing the daily revenue reports
- Preparation of schedules to support tax compliance & disclosure requirements.
- Posting of activity to the general ledger, including monthly accruals.
- Preparation of month-end, quarterly and year-end closing entries.
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliation
- Assist the Finance Controller in the daily banking requirements and accurate and timely. processing of pay transactions.
- Code and post purchase ledger invoices.
- Perform supplier statement reconciliations.
- Ensure staff expenses are processed in line with current Expenses Policy
- Ensure company credit card expense claims are processed accurately and reconciled regularly
- Act as custodian of the petty cash float
- Prepare payment runs (bank transfers and cheques).
- Prepare and submit statutory returns
- Work closely with external suppliers and help resolve any queries
- Contribute to the Accounts Payable team’s performance by ensuring that no backlogs occur and that any potential problematic situations are flagged
- Account analysis and reconciliation, to include bank statements, inter-company general ledger accounts and balance sheet accounts.
- Monitoring and maintenance of recording and reporting fixed assets and related depreciation.
- Evaluation and maintenance of internal controls relating to the camps including the validation of supporting documentation, accuracy of information received, completeness of transactions, maintenance of accounting records, and physical security of assets.
- Collaborate with the other accountants in the group to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Performing other duties as may be required.
- To understand the AFEX requirement for QHSE in the workplace including employee and team responsibilities, to ensure continuous adherence to QHSE policies, procedures and work instructions and to proactively promote a quality, health and safety approach in all areas of your work.
- To work in full accordance with AFEX Group policies, procedures, work instructions and all relevant elements of AFEX Management Systems;
- Good decision making and problem solving.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least CPA part 2
- 4-5 years’ experience in Finance department or related field
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and a problem solving attitude
- Team working
- Prioritizing and self-motivation
- Delivering accurate timely results
- Accuracy and attention to details
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the above requirements should send their applications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full details of their qualifications, experience and full contact address including day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and contact details of three referees by 12th July 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.