Job Title: Senior Technical Sales Executive – Agricultural Inputs
Location: North Rift (Eldoret)
Salary: 70k – 80k.
Our client is one of the leading SMEs in the business of imports and distribution of pesticides to farmers in Kenya.
They seek to hire a highly intelligent, aggressive and result oriented person to be tasked with aggressive marketing and selling of new and existing agricultural inputs among large scale growers and distributors.
- Take lead in gathering relevant market intelligence for management purpose
- Competitors’ marketing and sales activities, product pricing, discount structure and distributor incentive system;
- Credit worthiness of new and existing clients;
- Product presentation and pricing structure.
- Take charge of promotion and marketing of new and existing products among large scale growers.
- Design, implement and maintain an effective marketing strategy of the company products.
- Popularize usage of company products through demonstration, field days, farmers’
- Ensure that products samples issued out for demonstration are used for the intended purpose.
- Maintain regular contact and good rapport with key growers to ensure that there is demand of company products among growers.
- Attend and assist in organizing relevant marketing activities.
- In charge of sales to large scale growers and key distributors.
- Identify, recruit, maintain and service potential end-users to ensure potential sales are realized at all times.
- Plan and manage client contacts and follow up to secure sales.
- In liaison with immediate supervisor, negotiate product sales price and terms of sales with clients to maximize profitability.
- Persuade potential clients to buy the company products.
- Take a proactive role in collection of due debits in the territory.
- In liaison with the management, vet new and review existing clients for credit worthiness.
- Obtain and maintain sufficient information on clients’ ability to service credit and ensure that the management is well updated on dangerous clients.
- Respond to clients’ inquiries and complaints promptly and in a professional manner.
- Prepare seasonal / quarterly sales forecast, marketing programme and budget.
- Play an active role in the direction and the management of the company products sales and marketing.
- Degree Agricultural related fields
- Minimum 2 years of direct sales and marketing of agricultural inputs to large scale farmers and distributors;
- Age: Preferably 28 – 32 years;
- Valid driver’s license and minimum 2 years driving experience;
- Willingness to travel extensively to meet growers;
- Good planning and organizational skills and ability to work creatively on problem solving;
- High level of motivation and entrepreneurial drive;
- Desire to learn, constantly improve and act on feedback;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, networking and prospecting skills;
- Goal driven, confident, outgoing personality and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Senior Technical Sales Executive-Agricultural Inputs) to email@example.com before Friday 2nd August 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.