Study Coordinator (1 Position) – 20% FTE
The AHEAD study aims to investigate a modified assisted partner services (aPS) model to augment screening, diagnosis, linkage and retention to care for HIV and hypertensive patients in Kenya.
We are looking to hire several positions for our research team based in Nairobi.
We are committed to excellence in our research, and to working with HIV-infected and hypertensive patients with the utmost respect and care.
We require all team members to provide ethical and respectful services to all clients, and to maintain flexible hours in order to interface effectively with international partners.
The study coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all daily study operations in Nairobi, including supervising study personnel, maintaining up-to-date study protocols and approvals, and liaising with key stakeholders, both locally and internationally.
S/he will report to the study manager and Principle Investigator.
S/he must be self-directed, working with minimal supervision, and must be committed to providing services and care for study participants.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the development of the study protocol and tools
- Training staff at study site
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board approvals and renewals are obtained for the study
- Managing study ethics and human subjects protection
- Participate in database development and management
- Coordinate all meetings required for the success of the study
- Ensure that necessary supplies/materials are in stock for study implementation.
- Serve as the liaison between the study team, the study Principal Investigators (PI’s), and collaborators.
- Oversight of study implementation at study sites
- Coordinate and participate in the data analysis and report writing activities
- Preparation of study research reports
- Be a Kenyan Registered Community Nurse,
- Bachelor of Social Science in psychology is an added advantage
- Registration with the Nursing council of Kenya
- Prior experience as a research study coordination
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, coordinate, and accomplish research activities
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with study clients and international partners
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Extensive experience with HIV testing and counseling (HTC), HIV research, antiretroviral therapy (ART) programs
- Familiarity with smart phone technology for data collection, including ODK
- Attention to detail and good work ethic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, conscientious
- Responsive to multiple communication modalities with international team members
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team
- Experience working with HIV-infected and hypertensive patients
How to Apply
Please note that the appointment is on a one-year contract term renewable on mutual agreement and availability of funds.
Interested individuals who meet the above qualifications should CLICK HERE to fill our online application form and then submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th July, 2019.
1. Application letter
2. Up-to-date CV
3. Relevant certificates
All applications should be addressed to the Principal Investigator AHEAD Study.
Applications without the above mentioned qualifications or required testimonials will NOT be considered.