Data Manager (1 Position) – 20% FTE
The AHEAD study aims to investigate a modified assisted partner services (aPS) model to augment screening, diagnosis, linkage and retention to care for HIV and hypertensive patients in Kenya.
We are looking to hire several positions for our research team based in Nairobi.
We are committed to excellence in our research, and to working with HIV-infected and hypertensive patients with the utmost respect and care.
We require all team members to provide ethical and respectful services to all clients, and to maintain flexible hours in order to interface effectively with international partners.
The data manager will be responsible for the design of data collection and management systems, supervision of study data collection operations, and routine data cleaning, quality control and analysis.
S/he will be report to the Study Coordinator and Principal Investigator.
S/he must be able to work with minimal supervision and for long hours when necessary.
Responsibilities will include:
- Database development and maintenance
- Tabulating program data to generate weekly and quarterly reports for the study
- Ensure source documents are safeguarded and that optimal data quality is maintained.
- Maintain a clean log frame of data queries and how they have been resolved.
- Monitoring and evaluation of study data activities
- Database development and management
- Oversight of data collection modalities, including mobile technology
- Data cleaning and validation once study is complete
- Managing integration of data collection
- Bachelor of Science (or advanced degree in biostatistics or related field)
- Experience with data management for HIV partner services research/programs is an added advantage
- Prior research experience
- Proficiency in Stata, SPSS and/or Microsoft Access
- Experience with smart phone data collection and Open Data Kit (ODK)
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key populations and international partners
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Please note that the appointment is on a one-year contract term renewable on mutual agreement and availability of funds.
Interested individuals who meet the above qualifications should CLICK HERE to fill our online application form and then submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th July, 2019.
1. Application letter
2. Up-to-date CV
3. Relevant certificates
All applications should be addressed to the Principal Investigator AHEAD Study.
Applications without the above mentioned qualifications or required testimonials will NOT be considered.