IT Manager (1 Position) – 20% FTE
The AHEAD study aims to investigate a modified assisted partner services (aPS) model to augment screening, diagnosis, linkage and retention to care for HIV and hypertensive patients in Kenya.
We are looking to hire several positions for our research team based in Nairobi.
We are committed to excellence in our research, and to working with HIV-infected and hypertensive patients with the utmost respect and care.
We require all team members to provide ethical and respectful services to all clients, and to maintain flexible hours in order to interface effectively with international partners.
The IT manager will be responsible for the set up, design of data collection and management systems and supervision of study data collection operations.
S/he will be report to the Study Coordinator and Principal Investigator.
S/he must be able to work with minimal supervision and for long hours when necessary.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, updating and documenting systems requirements; overseeing design of data capturing systems and formulation of reports
- Developing systems and tools for collecting, entering, editing, cleaning, storing, validation, archiving, retrieving, organizing, and transferring of data; and carrying out data review, validation, query generation and resolution, and report generation of all records generated from the database.
- Developing and implementing processes and procedures for data management and movement.
- Implementing and enforcing regular data security activities such as storage, backups, archiving and user administration and resolving queries that arise
- Development of electronic case report forms using ODK
- Responsible for supervising and managing the data management team and monitoring their performance.
- Performing study specific data management duties as assigned
- Responsible for preparing work plans and for managing quality control (QC) of data and systems
- Master’s Degree in Data Management /Information Science or Computer Science
- Prior experience with data management for HIV partner services research/programs, added advantage
- Demonstrated competence in information management and statistical analysis
- Excellent skills in systems analysis, system documentation, data management, database design and structures
- Excellent smart phone data collection and computing skills, including ODK, REDCap, and other Open Source software
- Ability to handle large databases and troubleshoot issues involving complex data integration
- Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems and of writing and editing program documentation
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key populations and international partners
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Please note that the appointment is on a one-year contract term renewable on mutual agreement and availability of funds.
Interested individuals who meet the above qualifications should CLICK HERE to fill our online application form and then submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th July, 2019.
1. Application letter
2. Up-to-date CV
3. Relevant certificates
All applications should be addressed to the Principal Investigator AHEAD Study.
Applications without the above mentioned qualifications or required testimonials will NOT be considered.