Excellent Career opportunity
Total Kenya Plc is part of Total Group, a global energy leader and fourth largest publicl traded integrated oil and gas company in the world.
In Kenya, we are a leading oil company with a marketing and distribution network covering the entire country.
We are seeking ti recruit a performance driven professional in the following position
Assistant Legal Manager
The Assistant Legal Manager will be primarily responsible for assisting the Legal Manager in ensuring that the Company’s legal interests are adequately taken care of in respect to its day to day operations by ensuring legal compliance, continuous risk assessments of the company operations and mitigation of potential risks identification.
Reporting to the Legal Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for the following:-
- Participate in ensuring the company’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements by monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
- Liaise with business team leaders to identify legal issues and risks and provide appropriate advice, legal and business support on the same by undertaking research and drafting legal opinions;
- Preparing legal documents including contracts and leases, preparing and monitoring the contracts and property schedules.
- Participate in managing bad debt portfolio by maintaining the debtor’s schedule and follow- up on the collection of outstanding debts referred to Legal function.
- Participate in the management of litigation involving the Company in liaison with external lawyers assigned
- Preserving the legal integrity of the company’s commercial operations;
- Participate in the Company record management through effective archiving
- Ensuring that the company’s rights and interests including intellectual property are not infringed upon
- Participate in the Company’s ethics and compliance program
- Generally supporting various functions in the business;
- Participate in the Company secretarial tasks as assigned from time to time
- Any other duties commensurate with this role
The job holder will require the following minimum qualifications: –
- Bachelor of Law Degree and an advocate of the High court;
- A minimum of five (5) years post admission experience in a Corporate Legal office
- Membership to the Law Society of Kenya
- Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries will be an added advantage
- Sound legal knowledge and strong commercial focus;
- Knowledge of contract drafting and litigation skills
- High personal integrity
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a demanding environment with client focus and attention to details
- Good computer literacy, strong presentation, problem solving, report writing and analytical skills
- Good team player who is result oriented
Candidates who are interested and meet the above criteria may submit their applications and a letter of motivation by 29th July 2019.
CLICK HERE to apply online
Job Expires: 29-Jul-2019
Total Kenya is an equal opportunity employer